After receiving the Security card, you need to activate it.
You can activate the Card only using an NFC smartphone with the Surf app installed. Activation via the Surf web version is not supported. To activate, use the same Surf profile from which you ordered the Card. Activation using other profiles is impossible.
After your Cards were shipped, the service created a Security Card smart contract for each of them. This contract stores the data needed to check the integrity of the Card, activate it and pay for these transactions. Only you can access this contract.
Security Card Manager Debot, which you used to order the Security Card, will help you with Сard activation. The Debot activates Card in two stages:
- The Debot prepares data to start the integrity check: verifies the card status (Activated/Not activated) and gets the Card's serial number. When everything is prepared, the Debot starts the integrity check of the Card.
- When the integrity check is successfully completed, the Debot automatically starts the activation of the Card. The Card status changes to Activated.
To activate the Security Card:
1. Launch the Security Card Manager Debot.
2. Select Activation security card.
3. Place your card on the table, and your smartphone on it, as shown below:
If the Card is already activated, you will see the following message:
4. Wait for the Debot to get the address of the SecurityCard contract, created when you order your Card, and start the card integrity verification. If you have problems with reading the Card with your smartphone, the Debot displays an error. Lift the phone and tap it to the Card again. If the procedure is successful, you will see a corresponding message.
- On Android:
5. Sign and confirm the transaction launching the integrity check of the Card.
6. If the contract doesn’t respond to you, click Yes to update the information.
7. Place the phone back on your Card to continue the activation.
8. Sign and confirm the transaction launching Card activation.
Congratulations! You have activated your Security Card.
Now you can use it to deploy a Multisig profile.
If you leave your Card inactivated, its delivery status will remain SHIPMENT_RECEIVED or other statuses, which can be viewed by selecting Buy Card in the Debot.