You can purchase EVER tokens right from within Surf with your bank card. There are two ways to do so: by means of the Surf Pay payment solution or using Itez service. Let’s talk about Surf Pay in this article.
- Tap the three-dot button on the main screen of your app – the one next to the Receive button.
- Then tap Buy.
- On the next screen, the Surf Pay method will show up. Here you can choose between Surf Pay or Itez.
- Choose the purchase amount – by default, there are options €10, €50, €100, €150, and €200. In case you wish to buy tokens for a different amount, tap the three-dot button and on the next screen, you’ll be able to enter the needed amount manually (you can buy Evers for an amount of 10 to 10,000 EUR per one operation).
- Check the payment details – the amount in EUR you wish to buy Evers for, the rate, and the value of Evers to be credited to your balance after the purchase. Then tap Continue.
- If you are a new user (new wallet/profile) then you need to go through the KYC (Know Your Customer) procedure to buy tokens. Please read our additional article on how to smoothly pass KYC and continue purchasing tokens.
- The exchange rate has changed after you have been successfully onboarded, so go to the same Surf Pay page and start the flow again.
- Further, you just need to enter your card details and tap Buy.
- Depending on your bank or another card issuer you will be redirected to your bank page to approve and authorize the payment (3D Security check).
- In a few minutes upon successful authorization, your Evers will be credited to your account.
- There are some examples of why the payment can be declined:
- We don't accept payments from you or your card issuer. Yep, we comply with regulations and have our own risk appetite for business;
- Your card issuer rejected the payment due to its own risk model or other reason;
- Insufficient funds;
- Incorrect 3D Security authorization;
- Suspected fraud;
- Many other reasons.
If you are having trouble with payment, drop a message to the Assistant in Surf. We will be happy to help you. If the problem is on your side contact your bank for further support.